Hi, Welcome to my blog, enjoy reading.
RSS

6/17/2009

About the name of the tracks


As you may easily imagine from the title of the album, the "leitmotiv" of my work is the seven capital sins.
As a matter of fact, the EP will contain 7 tracks (+ 1 ghost-track which is absolutely essential! :D) and each of these trackes will deal with a capital sin.

The first issue I have to solve is the tracks titles:
I could simply use the original nouns of the sins, this is to say:

Pride,
Greed,
Envy,
Anger,
Lust,
Gluttony,
Sloth.

However, I am not fully convinced and satisfied about them, since the way I will deal with these topics will not be limited to a simple definition of the sin.

What I would like to do is to use the sins as a point of departure for building up a song which could be a story telling, a melodic voyage, or a confession...

This is why I still have to meditate upon the titles issue. Will I use the official terminology or will I find the way to give each title a specific meaning according to the song writing?

In the meantime, the album concept has been fixed and nobody can touch it! This post witnesses that, today, June 17th, 2009, this idea belongs to me and nobody can steal it! :D

Obviously, all kind of suggestion or idea you would like to share with me is welcome!

0 opinions:

Posta un commento