Hi, Welcome to my blog, enjoy reading.
RSS

6/24/2009

The beatmaker


This work would not exist if I had not been given a "musical carpet" especially built for the undersigned.

Today it is difficult to find valid people that put their talent to your disposal.
Especially, with honest and genuine purposes.

And it's difficult to also find them because of the enormous quantity of beatmakers on our peninsula and often they are just not that much known.

Myspace seems to be invaded by djs and producers, 16 years-old, 20 years-old, 30 years-old, some are good, some are NOT.. They have different schools of thought and they use different techniques.

Personally I have always preferred the beatmaker sampling the sounds or the loops from old vinyls of soul, funk and rythm&blues.

It's only a matter of tastes of course, entirely disputable, but the world's beautiful because it is various.
It is also often thanks to this type of producers that I have succeeded in discovering back music artists of the sixties and seventies which have been unnoticed despite their talent and their divine jobs!These artists have contributed to my artistic growth and they have become integral part of my musical influences, for which I will spend a word in the next chapter.

Of course, I have never disdained the instrumentals created with the solo use of drum, bass, synth etc but the sampled sounds, even if few and hardly perceptible, have always transmitted me that necessary vibe for the creation of the atmosphere to which I would have given life with my voice.

This variety of techniques for the instrumental production makes if difficult to find that kind of beatmaker corresponding to your musical personality, and who can exactly understand what are the sonorities you are looking for..

And if you get to find these producers, they are usually very busy, and despite the artistic feeling, it is difficult to get along with them as the human side is concerned. And personnaly I take this side a fundamental one, since the long road that brings to the creation of a disk needs patience and continuoussupport, as well as a sincere and constructive exchange of opinions.

Fortunately, I haven't struggled too long before I could find the perfect producer for me.

To say the truth I don't even remember how I got to reach him. I have perhaps listened to one of his instrumentals in one of the CDs to which I have collaborated and when I have been told he was an Italian beatmaker, I started the merciless search!


Once I found him, I have not had any doubt anymore: him, Fresh, has been sent me as an angel to produce All of my tracks.

The feeling I had initially, has been consolidated when my eyes fell on its list of artistic influences:


HipHop Inspirations: dj premier & gangstarr-pete rock- rza & all the wu tang clan- mathematics-4th discipline 9th wonder- j dilla (R.I.P.!!) showbiz-dj jazzy jeff-dj red alert- dj babu-the beatmekerz-alchemist marley marl-diamon d-lord finesse biz markie-prince paul- dr.dre-the roots-bobbito- dj spinna-mr complex kev brown-oddisee-ill mind ayatollah-de la soul- a tribe called quest- dj hi-tek blackstar-mosdef-all the rawkus artists dj scratch-dj skizo-just blaze kanye west-rjd2- mobb deep- nas & all the queensbridge artists trackmasters-dj khalil-madlib oh no-mf doom...................... .....the HIP HOP CULTURE....... .....ONE LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUNK, SOUL & JAZZ inspirations: george clinton & the parliament funkadelic-the delfonics-the O'jays- the dramatics-5th dimension earth wind & fire-don julian & the larks al green-marvin gaye-steve wonder dennis coffey-bobby caldwell- bobby womack-eddie floyd duke ellington-chuck mangione bernard pretty purdie-ann peebles ahmad jamal-edwin starr-curtis mayfield franco micalizzi-jhonny pate- gill scott heron-j.j.johnson-jerry butler lonnie liston smith-lyn collins-lou rawls main ingredient-bar-kays-isley brothers harold melvin & the blue notes-chi-lites maceo parker-fred wesley-pee wee ellis minnie ripperton-MOTOWN-marva whitney quincy jones-rick james-roberta flack- roy ayers-patrice rushen-t-connection smokey robinson-donny hathaway- undisputed truth-booker-t-herbie hancock donald byrd-groover washington the24 carat black-b.t.express-the meters the temptations-the wild magnolias willie hutch-love unlimited orchestra luther vandross-roger troutman.........


Irony of the fate, while I was about to contact him, he had already sent a zipped file to my husband (who is himself also preoaring his solo album) with some of his available instrumentals.

You can easily imagine the consequences: 7 of these instumentals were already MINE! lol


Our job is procceding quickly now. And this is only the beginning....

0 opinions:

Posta un commento